HISTORY

 


The company Manuel Vilaseca S.A. was founded in December 1922 by  Mr. Manuel Vilaseca Segales (25/02/02– 11/02/82) to firstly sell and later manufacture organic dyestuffs. Until 1941 he operated together with his father, Mr Juan Vilaseca Asquasciati, initially as Manuel Vilaseca  Y  CIA., and from 1941 until 1964 as Manuel Vilaseca. In December 1964, the current name, Manuel Vilaseca, S.A. was adopted. Now the third generation of the family is running the company.

The manufacturing premises were initially located at Santa Coloma de Gramenet,  close to the north east boundary of Barcelona. In 1951 a new location was acquired at Mora la Nova, about 175 Km south Barcelona  This site was carefully chosen, having plentiful supplies of water available from its own wells and being close to the important rail link from Port-Bou to Madrid. The manufacturing plant and machinery was gradually transferred to the new site until late 1982 when the Barcelona factory was finally closed.

The essential business of the company is the manufacture and marketing of synthetic

organic dyestuffs and intermediates to a wide range of industries such

as Food, Paper, Leather, Textiles, Phenolic Moulding, Wood and Synthetic Fibres. Over the years the manufacturing processes

have been continually developed with great emphasis on efficiency and both environmental and ecological considerations. Quality control, as ISO norms require, customer service and application testing laboratories have been developed continually over the years offering optimal support to a wide range of industries.

Manuel Vilaseca, S.A. is still a family owned and managed firm and

is now the only Catalunya based Company engaged in this field.

All the commercial facilities associated with the manufacture, sales and marketing of their organic dyestuffs are based in Spain. Approximately 50% of production is exported to all five continents, with 80% of this being distributed within the European Union.

During Manuel Vilaseca, S.A’s 90 years of existence many achievements have been officially recognised. In 1968 the Export Award of the Official Chamber of Commerce, Industry and Navigation of Barcelona, Export Leader in 1976,  International Award for Export in 1977 and an Acknowledgement Plaque for the continuous and fruitful collaboration in favour of the Economic and Commercial Development between Spain and the former U.S.S.R. in 1989.

The main source of these Awards is the Quality of our products along with the fast supplying and the Seriousness in the acquired compromises. However, our most precious Award is the Fidelity of our clients.